Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Nascar experts

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nascar experts

    Actually yes it is. The more sponsors they have(minor ones included), the more money divided into their car per race if I am not mistaken when it comes to the purse.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #12
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nascar experts

    just seems funny and complicated to me. If you win you should get A amount. 43 spot shoud win Z amount. I don't know though, I'm just a fan
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nascar experts

    I agree with you. Myabe have a bonus for the Pole winner and the person who led the msot laps and thats it.
    Reeking of awesomeness!

  4. #14
    Inactive Member dogfacegremlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2005
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nascar experts

    race car...race car...vroom vroom.
    "I'm not here to be loved, I'm here to win."

  5. #15
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nascar experts

    The contingency money that gives one driver a higher payday than another finishing better is part of the purse of the race. All the little stickers on the side of the car tell this, if a driver has a certain sticker they get more money from NASCAR not from the sponsor itself. Like all the drivers who have a sunoco sticker get their fule free and if you don't you have to pay for it, also you don't get Bud pole bonus money unless you have a bud sticker on the side. I hope this helps.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nascar experts

    Yep. Those are all important parts. Think of it like this, Budweiser is say the official Beer of Nascar. Well most teams will put a small bud sticker on their uniform/car, but you know when Coors was there, they wasn't going to do that, so therefore they weren't eligible for that prize.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nascar experts

    it all seems a bit complicated but I can understand to an extent what you are saying.
    thanks
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nascar experts

    That isn't necessarily true. Bill Elliott did run a bud pole award sticker on his Coors cars (I found pics of it but I couldn't get them to post on here) and Kurt Bush runs one now on his Miller Liter car.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nascar experts

    I'm saying that as an example, there is a ton of similar situations. If GM sponsors an award, you're probably not going to see it on the Ford Quality Care car. You're not likely to have a Penzoil award going to someone with Quaker State. You have so many similar companies with products, most will not allow there company to be associated, some will. It was just a few years back that someone won the pole that wasn't in the Bud Shootout program and the second place car I think got it.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nascar experts

    Oh yeah I know what you are saying but some are more lenient than others because it costs the drivers money and if they are willing to make it up to them then they won't run the decal. My dad and I were just talking about this a while ago with Dale Jr. not being a Coke Family driver, and I told him it is probably a deal with Bud telling him he can't be and with the money they give he I can see their side.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •